Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Day 10 (July 19)

Today, I and others at the CIS are doing some work identifying damaged buildings from the February 2011 Christchurch earthquake. The application we're using is here. Anyone can sign up to look at satellite images and do what we're doing, so feel free to do so.


Also, first few parts for the computer arrived today. I'll take some pictures as I assemble it.

processor and motherboard. off-screen:  free flash drives that came with just about everything I ordered. I guess newegg has a lot of "memories" it wants to get rid of... ha-ha... ha.
processor (Intel i7-980) and gigantic cooling fan that comes with it. it's supposed to reach 100F on Thursday, maybe I should just plug this thing into the wall.

24GB of memory. I believe this costs the same today as 8GB did when I was building my own computer... less than a year ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment